By: Nikki Nies
Not only does this song cease to put me in a good mood, but can help you remember to grab coconut water on your way out of the grocery store.
It might sound corny, but this song will stay in your head, trust me. There was a recent wave of interest in the purchase and the consumption of coconut water.
I, myself, have had to force myself to drink water, as it doesn’t come second nature to me. I’ve always been a fan of coconut anything, when the coconut craze arrived, I was excited to jump on board.
Although it’ll never completely replace pure water, coconut water’s a great addition to one’s every day drinking habits. As with food or beverage, moderation is key.
- Low in calories
- Naturally fat and cholesterol free
- Contains more potassium than 4 bananas–great source of electrolytes
- With extra consumption of electrolytes, can decrease risk of kidney stones
- Natural diuretic
- Reduces cravings, keeping one full
- Good source of B vitamins–niacin, riboflavin, pyrodoxine, thiamin, etc.
- Has anti viral and anti bacterial properties
- Helps repair nail growth
- Contains cytokinins, which have been declared great for skin and has anti aging benefits
- Can counteract hypertension
- Doesn’t contain artificial flavoring
- Contains easily digestible carbohydrates
- Great replacement for sugary fruit juices and sodas
- Convenient drink on the go
If it means grabbing some lime or cracking your own coconut, be my guest! Need help deciding which one to buy? If you’ve got the time, experiment with several brands, my personal favorite, Vita Coco, which has been named “best for kids.”