By: Nikki Nies
It was recently announced the Air Force has banned the consumption of Chobani Blueberry Power Greek Yogurt because it has been found that this particular flavored yogurt contains trace elements of THC, the psychoactive ingredient that is found marijuana. News of this ban provides some with mixed feelings as Greek yogurt has been lauded as a great all around food.
No fear, hemp seeds derive from Cannabis sativa plant that produces approximately 1% of THC.
Benefits of hemp seeds:
- Considered easy to digest
- High in fiber
- Has been noted not to cause gas or bloating compared to other protein rich foods
- Does not contain phytic acid, like soy, which inhibits nutrient absorption
- Richest polyunsaturated fatty acid
- Is a complete protein as it contains all essential amino acids
- Strengthens one’s immunity and fends off toxins as it has a high percentage of proteins
- Contains 3:1 ratio of omega-6 Linoleic Acid and omega-3 Linolenic Acid, which is great for heart health
- High in phytonutrients–which protects one’s cells, tissues, skin, organs, etc.
- Contain vitamin E, magnesium, iron, zinc and potassium
- Can lower LDL cholesterol levels
- Versatile use–can be used raw, ground into a meal, sprouted, made into soy milk, prepared as tea or used in baking
I’ve recently started putting hemp seeds in my Greek yogurt and it tasted pretty good. Are you willing to try it out?