The Global Advocacy for Physical Activity (GAPA) is part of the Advocacy Council of the International Society of Physical Activity and Health (ISPAH). They aim to globally increase the amount of exercise.
With the help of other global advocacy groups, it creates and measures principles and actions to increase global health-enhancing behaviors.
Importance of GAPA:
- Physical inactivity is the 4th leading risk factor for global mortality
- Large share of deaths that are contributable to deaths occur in low and middle income countries
- Will help support and advance WHO Global Strategy on Diet, Physical Activity and Health
- Multifold of benefits: environmental, cultural, sports, economic and overall health
- Help countries investigate and compose strategies to inform, motivate and support individuals, families and communities to be physically active in a safe, enjoyable way
Become a member of GAPA and join the efforts to curb worldwide physical inactivity.