It can be a juggle to get everything done on your to-do-list on time-with home and work responsibilities taking over every extra minute. When holiday parties and expectations come around, at times it can feel like another chore, not a time of relaxation. Yet, by using a few ingredients that you have on hand, as you partake in the Pantry Challenge, holiday gatherings don’t have to be spent all day in the kitchen, but with loved ones!
- Maple Gingerbread Popcorn includes ground ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and maple syrup
- Bold Winter Greens Salad includes lemon juice, sherry vinegar, anchovy fillets and/or hard boiled eggs
- Mississippi Spiced Pecans includes fresh thyme, fresh rosemary, cayenne pepper and salt
- Parsnip Souffle includes parsnips, vegetable or chicken broth, breadcrumbs, milk, egg whites and yolks
- Flank Steak Pinwheels includes baby spinach, sun dried tomatoes, herbed cheese, garlic and kosher salt
- Thyme and Sesame Crusted Halibut includes lemon juice, sesame seeds, dried thyme leaves and lemon wedges
- Pomegranate Glazed Turkey with Roasted Fennel includes fennel bulbs, canola oil, pomegranate juice and cornstarch
- Green Monster Popsicle includes green grapes, green peas and kiwi
The great aspect of all the above recipes are that they are few ingredient recipes and not labor intensive. Lastly, if you’re feeling up to it, check out Real Simple’s Ultimate Christmas Checklist to ensure your house and family are as festive as can be! Have a happy and safe holiday!
Photo Credit: Eating Well