By: Nikki Nies
With the impending RD Exam around the corner, I’m sharing not only my method of studying, but hoping this will spark conversation regarding what has worked for other people and what study materials I may not be familiar with.
- Visual Veggies software: RD practice exams consisting of multiple choice questions and provided explanations
- National Council Licensure Examination(NCLEX) mnemonic devices and flashcards I’ve put together on my Pinterest board. While NCLEX is designed for the licensure of RNs, a lot of the material is relevant to RDs and there are some very clever ways to learn the material
- Breeding & Associates RD study guide
- Review questions I’ve collected over the last year from DietitianExam.com
- Review of clinical notes and internship rotation assignments
- Quizlet flashcards
- Foodservice equations and practice exam questions
- RD Exam phone app review and practice questions
- Financial Management: A Course for School Nutrition Directors, Participant’s Workbook
Wish me luck as I embark on these studies! If any one else is studying for the exam and would like to bounce ideas off one another, contact me and let me know! Happy studying!
Photo Credit: Visual Veggies