- 2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts
- 1 egg plus 1 T water beaten well in bowl
- Flavored breadcrumbs and flour for coating chicken
- 1-14 oz. can artichoke hearts drained and quartered (reserve 3 t of liquid)
- 1 stick sweet butter cup into eight pieces
- 3 sprigs of fresh Italian parsley chopped-stems removed
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 small jar pimentos
- 1/3 oil for frying
Combine next three ingredients for Tarragon Sauce:
- 2 T white vinegar
- 2 T fresh tarragon (1 tsp dry) crushed between fingers
- 3 t reserved liquid from artichoke hearts
Wash breasts and pat dry with paper towels. Cut into 1” cubes. Dredge in flour, dip into eggs and then breadcrumbs.
Heat oil in heavy skillet and fry chicken medallions on both sides until golden brown.
Drain on paper towel.
Remove any excess oil and wipe down skillet with paper towel.
At low heat, add butter and garlic, stir until garlic turns lightly golden.
Add tarragon mixture and simmer for one minute.
Add artichoke hearts and incorporate into mixture.
Remove pan from heat, stir in lemon juice, wine and chopped parsley.
Place chicken in oven proof serving dish. Lift artichokes from liquid and place around chicken*
Top with pimentos and cover with foil, slitting foil with knife to allow steam to escape.
Bake in preheated oven at 350F for 15-20 minutes.
Remove foil and bake for 10 minutes more.
*Stop at this point, cover and refridgerate when preparing ahead of time