Whether you’re busily getting from one soccer game to the next or your mobility is limited, Peapod, may be the next best service for you to try! Health professionals acknowledge that getting food on the dinner table can be a challenge, so we encourage you to use all the available, realistic “tools” on hand. If this means signing up for groceries delivered to your door will help lessen the stress of homemade meals, so be it.
In 1989, Peapod was started by two brothers, Andrew and Thomas Parkinson in Evanston, Illinois. Since then, they have branched out, delivering in Wisconsin, Indiana, Maryland, Washington, D.C., Virginia, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.
Not only does Peapod sell thousands of national brands, but also carry their own line of competitive store brands. Additionally, you can set your orders to be delivered any where from the next day to ordering two weeks in advanced.
Not sure if Peapod is worth the try? Peapod promises:
- Savings with use of clicking on “All Specials” to obtain thousands of sale items
- With the use of “Sort Tool”, you can compare side by side unit prices and/or price
- Use of “Nutrifilter” allows you to prioritize and/or eliminate groceries options due to food preferences, allergies or nutrition
- Stay on budget by tracking total while shopping
- Honor double manufacturer’s coupons up to $0.99
- Carries organic produce
- Carries health and beauty care products
- Carries highest quality meat, seafood and deli products
Once picked, groceries are kept temperature controlled containers until delivery. Furthermore, after entering zip code, you can customize delivery times!
In select cities, one can now pick up groceries at curbside for less hassle free shopping! Make sure to check out Groupon, Saving Beans or Retail Me Not for discounts on your first grocery order!
Photo Credit:Saving Beans and Money Crashers